This past weekend my husband and I began discussing our Lenten sacrifices. While Lent is pretty late this year (Easter is in mid-April!), it yet still managed to sneak up on me. Ash Wednesday is less than a week away!
The Catholic Sistas Lent Photo Journey is a perfect way to integrate something I already do daily (take photos) with the season of Lent. The Lent Photo Journey allows me to integrate the Lenten season into my daily life, encouraging me to notice God’s presence in my life and search for God in new and different ways.
I’m delighted to lead the Catholic Sistas Instagram Lent Photo Journey again with some wonderful friends and sisters in Christ, Celeste, Kristin, Laura, Mandi, Rosemary, Sarah, (and find me here). I invite y’all to join us in recognizing God’s presence in everyday things. These things can be people and situations around us, activities we do, events we attend or participation in, or anything in our daily lives. And some of our photos can be from previous moments in our lives, such as a celebration, vacation, or a moment we recognized as important and snapped a photo of it, not realizing until now God’s presence in that moment. By sharing these photos on social media, we make note of how God has touched us and share this moment of God’s presence with others.
I’m excited to see what the Holy Spirit has in store for us all in our photos. And I look forward to sharing with this Lenten Photo Journey with y’all. Happy clicking (or cell phone screen touching)!
HOW THE 2019 LENT PHOTO JOURNEY WORKS
• Catholic Sistas pre-determined a photo reflection word for every day during Lent. You snap a photo (or find a photo in your photo archives) related to that word and share it on social media. The photo does not have to be faith-themed. The goal of our Photo Journeys and Challenges are for us to see God in our everyday lives. Download the graphic with those reflection words here (and see it below).
• When posting your photos on social media, use the hashtag #CSLentIPJ and any other appropriate hashtags (#mery, #virtue, #neighbor, #love, #Lent, etc) with your Photo Journey photos. The #CSLENTIPJ hashtag allows us at Catholic Sistas, as well as everyone else in the Catholic Sistas community, to search Instagram and other social media platforms for others who are participating in the Photo Journey. Using this hashtag will also help us be able to share your photos on our Instagram stories. (Note: CSLentIPJ mean Catholic Sistas Lent Instagram Photo Journey)
• Speaking of hashtags, did you know you can follow a hashtag on Instagram? Follow #CSLENTIPJ to see all Catholic Sistas Lent Photo Journey photos. To follow, tap any hashtag (example: #flower) you see on Instagram (or search for a hashtag). Tap the blue Follow button at the top of the screen. Once you follow a hashtag, you’ll see its photos and videos appear on your feed and in your stories. You’ll see it in the Following section of your profile. To unfollow a hashtag, tap the hashtag and then tap Following.
• The main social media platforms for the Lent Photo Journey are Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, though we’re also present on many other platforms. Tag us with @CatholicSistas on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook and as @Catholic_Sistas on Twitter. Are you blogging about your Lenten Photo Journey? Drop a link to your blog in the comments below or link back to us when you post on your blog.
• Download the 2019 CSLentIPJ Graphic (shown above) for reference. Note that weekends are a different color than weekdays to help visualize each week better. Also, after you download the graphic, share it with others and invite them to journey with us too. And consider using the Lenten Photo-A-Day Journey Participant Graphic (shown below) on your social media sites, such as for promotion on Instagram or Facebook or as a profile picture on Facebook.