I’ve been pregnant six times and only once announced the pregnancy to friends and family in a creative way. So in honor of Snow-pocalypse 2014 (which is sure to produce a baby boom this fall!), Catholic Sistas presents a compilation of cute and clever ways to announce you’re expecting. We have two categories: 1) Announcing Your First Baby and 2) Announcing Your Next Baby. Enjoy!
ANNOUNCING YOUR FIRST BABY…
1. Present the Grandma-to-be with a cookie jar saying, “Grandma always makes the best cookies.”
2. Change your Facebook profile picture to the “I’m so crafty, I make babies!” picture like this one. Wait to see who notices!
A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words:
ANNOUNCING YOUR NEXT BABY…
1. Going to the beach? Take a photo of your children’s feet in the sand with their birth year written in the sand beneath. At the end of the line, set out a pair of baby shoes and write “2014” in the sand for the birth year. Mail the prints to family.
2. Take a bun and put it in the oven, leaving the door ajar. Then ask your husband to check on dinner (and tease him if he take a while to get it). Or wait for one of your older kids to see the oven and loudly ask, “Mom, why is there a bun in the oven? Who put a bun in the oven?”
3. Give the grandparents a linked photo frame containing a picture of each of their grandchildren, with either your sonogram photo as the last one or a print that says “Coming in MONTH 2014.”
4. Create a card with three pages that fold out in sequence. On the first page, put a picture of your family dressed up with a caption that says, “New outfits: $300.” (You don’t really have to buy new outfits, of course.) On the second page, put another family photo with the caption, “Family photo session: $500.” On the third page, put a third family photo with, “Knowing there are X in this photo: Priceless!” (Just don’t forget to add the baby into your number. 🙂
5. Send them a poem, such as, “Blue or pink/The Smiths had too much to drink!”
6. Set up a family photo at home with the self-timer. Make sure the camera is on sequence so it will take multiple photos in a row. Just before the timer goes off, announce that you’re pregnant again. Then enjoy the photos capturing everyone’s surprised, happy expression. Put three pictures in a row with the caption, “Baby #X coming in November!” Put it all together like this great blogger did.
A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words:
We leave you with this video, which is sure to get thumbs up from those with a flair for the dramatics.
5 Replies to “50 Clever Ways to Announce a Pregnancy”
I was leaving a Babies ‘R’ Us the other day and a couple was getting out of their car in the “Expectant or New Mommy” parking spot. As I was putting my stroller away I saw the girl (who didn’t look pregnant, she must have been very early on) stand next to the sign in front of the space and point to it as the guy took her picture. I laughed. I assume they were creating a birth announcement picture. Clever idea.
Last October, a friend announced they are expecting their 3rd child by carving pumpkins. A big one for daddy, 2 small ones for their boys, and another big one for mom w/ a tiny pumpkin inside. It was darling! To a moment to understand but when I did, I loved it & was so happy for them.
I put my oldest son in an “I’m the BIG brother” customized shirt and waited for my family to notice it. It was shockingly fun to see them noticed it.
Awesome tips to announce a pregnancy i will try it when i will be pregnant 🙂
Thanks for so many cute ideas! I think you mistakenly included number 5 (“Blue or pink/The Smiths had too much to drink!”), unless I’m misunderstanding your rhyme.
Comments are closed.