Lent comes early this year–February 10th is Ash Wednesday! That’s just three weeks away, folks. So instead of waiting until the last minute and grasping at your old standbys (giving up chocolate or God forbid, coffee), why not plan ahead using our convenient list of resources below? Make this your most spiritually fruitful Lent ever!
- Praying Lent: Daily prayers, online and audio retreats, articles, recipes (Creighton University)
- CRS Rice Bowl App: Daily Reflections, tool for tracking goals and progress, and recipes
- Video: Ash Wednesday and Lent in 2 minutes (Busted Halo)
- Pinterest: Lent pins by Catholic Sistas
- Lenten Workshop by Catholic Culture
- Online Lenten Retreat (Ignatian) by Loyola Press
SACRIFICES AND DEVOTIONS
- Your Handy-Dandy List to Lenten Sacrifices (2014) by Catholic Sistas)
- 101 Creative Ideas for Lent by One Catholic Life
- Outside the Box: 66 Things to Give Up or Take Up for Lent by Catholic All Year
- 40 Days, 40 (Different) Sacrifices by Rethink Lent
- 5 Creative Fasting Ideas via Patheos
- 2016 Lent Companion for Teens by LifeTeen
- 40 Days, 40 Ways: A New Look at Lent by Marcellino D’Ambrosio.
- Lenten Journal by Sister John Dominic Rasmussen, O.P. and the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist.
- The Magnificat Lenten Companion is always a popular resource.
- Lenten Grace: Daily Gospel Reflections from Pauline Books & Media
- The Living Gospel: Daily Devotions for Lent 2016 from Ave Maria Press
- Bringing Lent Home … books by Donna Marie Cooper O’Boyle. There appear to be three of these … with St. John Paul II, … with St. Therese of Lisieux, and … with Mother Teresa. These are also from Ave Maria Press. (Link is for one of the books, other two are listed on the right side of the page.)
- Welcome Risen Jesus: Lent and Easter Reflections for Families by Sarah Reinhard
- DGEMS–Daily Gospel eMessages
- Lentsanity–articles, reflections, the “Meat Police,” and more
- MeaCulpa and Confession–for making a good confession
- Laudate–daily readings, rosary podcasts, Catholic media articles
- “Best Lent Ever”–Matthew Kelly’s site, Dynamic Catholic, will send you emails and short video clips each day of Lent
- Relevant Radio–Daily prayers, podcasts, a Stations of the Cross, and more. While there, download the free app to listen to the station wherever you are.
LENT IN THE HOME–CHILDREN, FAMILIES, CRAFTS, & MORE
- Resurrection Eggs
- Resurrection Cookies (night before Easter)
- Lenten Activities for Children by Catholic Mom.com
- Walking Through Lent with Small Children by Two Os + more
- 40 Simple Lenten Activities for Kids by Call Her Happy
- 40 Ways for 40 Days and Stations of the Cross Carousel with New Kelly Saints Craft Kit both by Equipping Catholic Families
- 7 DIY Lenten Crafts & Books by Campfires and Cleats
- Stations of the Cross Box for Kids by A Knotted Life
- Intentional Lent by Better Than Eden
- 7 Ways to Make This the Best Lent Ever by One Catholic Mama
- Christmas is Over, Feast Days and Lots of Lent Posts by A Slice of Smith Life
- Ways to Observe Lent at Home: Stational Churches and Lent “Wreath” by Living with Lady Philosophy
- HDYDI: Make Lent 40 Days of Awesome by Team Whitaker
- Lenten Family Night Ideas by Christian Family Movement
- Lenten Meal Planning by Orthodox Mom blog
- 25 Meatless Meals for Lent by A Blog for My Mom
- Foods.Meals.Meatless on the Catholic Sistas Pinterest Board
- Meatless Meals from Around the World by the CRS Rice Bowl Project
- Meatless Lent Recipes by Food & Wine
- 12 Meatless Lent Meal Ideas by Dr. Taylor Marshall
SOUND OFF: Do you have a link to add to the list? Add it in the comments below!
I wish you all a Lent full of God’s blessings, as we prepare our souls for a blessed and joyful Easter!