Hmmmm…it’s Friday and the troops are hungry, but I’ve simply been too busy to worry about that…that is until the rumbling bellies distracted me from other matters!
- Frozen ravioli – generic from Walmart
- Pasta sauce – large from Sam’s
- Parmesan cheese – yep, the green shaker type – the hard block for grating is waiting for a more glamorous meal.
This is going to be quick and simple!
- Pour enough sauce to cover the bottom of an 8 x 13 pan.
- Layer in the ravioli and pour on remaining sauce.
Evenly sprinkle any spices you usually use to ‘enhance’ jar sauce. (OK, I know that’s more than three items but I’m not counting optional ingredients.) No need to mix…I said it was simple!
- Minced garlic (Tones)
- Italian Spices (Tones)
- A bit of brown sugar (it reduces acidity from the tomatoes)
Sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese.
A quick taste, to make sure it’s ‘top chef’ fixin’s. Cover with aluminum foil and it’s off to a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
Bless us, oh Lord, and these Thy gifts,
Which we are about to receive,
From Thy Bounty,
Through Christ, Our Lord.