Lent is just a little over a week away and I’ve only just begun thinking about the Lenten season. Between the parish bulletin and announcements before Mass about the various Lenten offerings at our parish- the Bible studies, Lenten Mission, Parish Fish Fry and Stations of the Cross- I’m just now starting to figure out what I’m doing for Lent. Aside from, of course, the Catholic Sistas 2018 Lent Photo Journey.
I love taking (and looking!) at photos, so the Catholic Sistas Lent Photo Journey is a perfect way to integrate something I already do daily (take photos) with the season of Lent. The Lent Photo Journey allows me to bring the Lenten season into my daily life and encourages me to search for God in new and different ways.
I’m delighted to lead the Catholic Sistas Instagram Lent Photo Journey with some wonderful friends and sisters in Christ, Janalin Kathleen, Kristin, Lynette, Mandi and Rosemary (and find me here). And I invite y’all to join us in recognizing God’s presence in the everyday things. It can be people and situations around us. By snapping a photo or remembering a moment in our past that God has touched us, helps us find a way to share that visually. I’m excited to see what the Holy Spirit has in store for us! I look forward to sharing with each other in this Lenten Photo Journey together. Happy clicking (or cell phone screen touching)!
HOW THE 2018 LENT PHOTO JOURNEY WORKS
• Each day has a pre-selected word associated with it. You snap a photo (or find a photo in your photo archives) related to that word and share it on social media. The photo does not have to be faith-themed. The goal of our Photo Journeys and Challenges are for us to see God in our everyday lives.
• When posting your photos on social media, use the hashtag #CSLentIPJ and any other appropriate hashtags (#ashtag, #holy, #Catholic, #lent, #pray, etc) with your Photo Journey photos. This allows us at Catholic Sistas as well as everyone else in the Catholic Sistas community to search Instagram and other social media platforms for others who are participating in the Photo Journey. (CSLentIPJ = Catholic Sistas Lent Instagram Photo Journey).
• Speaking of hashtags, did you know that you can now follow a hashtag on Instagram? Follow #CSLENTIPJ to see all Catholic Sistas Lent Photo Journey photos. To follow, tap any hashtag (example: #flower) you see on Instagram (or search for a hashtag). Tap the blue Follow button at the top of the screen. Once you follow a hashtag, you’ll see its photos and videos appear on your feed and in your stories. You’ll see it in the Following section of your profile. To unfollow a hashtag, tap the hashtag and then tap Following.
• The main social media platforms for the Lent Photo Journey are Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. We’re present on many other platforms. Tag us with @CatholicSistas on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST and FACEBOOK, @Catholic_Sistas on TWITTER. Are you blogging about your Lenten Photo Journey? Link back to us or comment below with a link to your post.
• Download the 2018 CSLENTIPJ GRAPHIC for quick reference. Note that weekends are a different color to help visualize each week better. Also, after you download the graphic, share it with others and invite them to journey with us too! And consider using the LENTEN PHOTO-A-DAY JOURNEY PARTICIPANT GRAPHIC on your social media sites, such as a profile picture on Facebook or for promotion on Instagram.